About the Role?
We’re looking for experienced truck drivers to join our great delivery team in Northgate for our busy peak period starting in September! As part of our transport team you’ll play a key role in connecting us with our customer communities…everyone in Australia!
At AusPost our people come first and safety is at the top of our priority list, that’s why you will have the opportunity to drive our top of the range vehicles that make role safer, easier and a lot more enjoyable. Each driver is allocated a mobile device to complete pre-start safety checks, see their drop lists with linked maps, it even reminds our drivers when they need to take a break….safety first!
What will you be doing?
- Driving our modern trucks between our operations centres and customers, pick-up and delivery or mail cages and parcels
- Providing outstanding service to our customers, you will be the face of Australia Post!
- As we keep saying…safety first, so you will be expected to be safe and efficient when out on the road and will need to complete your own daily vehicle safety checks before you head out each morning
What do we offer?
- Great casual rates which include shift penalty rates and overtime rates
- Allowances including meal and tonnage (based on heavy vehicle)
- 12% superannuation
- Rotating rosters including weekend
- A safe, quality and modern working environment
What are we looking for?
- You will have a HR truck licence with a minimum of 12 months driving experience in a heavy vehicle
- You will be safety focused and understand the importance of chain of responsibility
- You’ll need to be able to work on a rotating roster including day, afternoon and night shifts
- Have a customer service mindset with effective communication skills
As part of the recruitment process we require you to provide a driving history report, undergo a pre-employment medical and drug/alcohol screening and national police checks.