T2 is an Australian start-up that was purchased by Unilever in 2013. It was founded in Brunswick Street, Fitzroy in Melbourne by Maryanne Shearer.
T2 completely revolutionised how Australians thought about tea drinking, at a time when the rise of coffee was considered unstoppable. T2 also has a big focus on sustainability.
They have around 96 stores in Australia, USA, NZ, Scotland and Asia.
Christmas casual jobs at T2
T2 may not advertise its jobs on many websites. So it is worthwhile checking their T2 Careers page on their website. They also accept applications from candidates handing in their CV to store managers - but the website is preferred.
Past work not essential but experience is good.
We have heard that T2 asks these questions in Christmas Casual interviews;
- What are you passionate about?
- Why would you like to work at T2?
- Why should we hire you?
- What is your favourite tea?
- If we were to contact your referees, how would they describe you in 3 words?
- Why should we hire you in 3 points?
- Why would you like to work for T2?
- What duties do you think your role will consist of?
- What skills can you apply for his job?
- Format: "There was about 20 people for 7 positions. 5 staff members split us off into 4 groups. In those groups you got paired up and had to do 4 roleplays. You switched between being the buyer and the seller and had to sell the buyer some tea."
- Looking for friendly outgoing people, ability to work in a team (including pulling their weight), people who are always looking for ways to help out
- It is a bonus if you speak a foreign language that is popular with tourists in Australia e.g. Mandarin, emphasize your unique ability to help customers who don't speak English.